Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pure and Discerning

"Even a child makes himself known by his acts, by whether his conduct is pure and upright."
~Proverbs 20:11

This morning I read a great devotional on being pure and discerning. It was so good! I want to include a few excerpts here.

"Only God knows what's really in our hearts, but we get clues about what's in there, and those clues are revealed in our behavior. Proverbs 20:11 offers us a purity barometer, a test we can apply to help us grow in godliness and protect ourselves in it....A pure heart grows from a willingness to take a good, hard look at our actions and then humbly allow what we see to teach us about ourselves...As soon as we recognize it, the first thing is to take it straight to the cross."

~Lydia Brownboack from Purity: A Godly Woman's Adornment

What a great reminder this is to me to constantly be examining my heart and taking any impure things I see to the Lord. My actions speak louder than words, so Lord help me to be on the lookout for any negative actions that would reveal where my heart is at. Help me to be pure in Your sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment