Thursday, August 20, 2015

Adjusting to Married Life

Getting married is so wonderful and I am so happy being married to the love of my life and best friend. It is the best thing ever living life with my amazing husband Ryan. It is all that I dreamed, but also a huge challenge to adjust to a new life. Blending two lives together is not always easy. We've only been married six months and I think we have already grown a lot. I tend to be a go all the time person and have the hardest time relaxing. Ryan is a very hard worker, but he also knows how and when to relax. I am a person that likes to be around people all the time and Ryan needs his alone time. With all our differences though we are good for each other. We challenge each other. He challenges me to relax more and I challenge him to get out with people more. My biggest challenge with married life is how to balance working full time, connecting with friends and family, keeping house and cooking, working out, spending enough quality time together as a couple, and getting enough relaxation myself. I've been so tired. But there has been a lot of change in my life and I suspect that it is normal to be tired with so much adjustment and change. In the last month or two I have stepped up working out and it has helped my energy level tremendously for which I am very grateful! All in all I love being married, but it's a huge adjustment and I find I need to give myself a break and not put so much pressure on myself to be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment